In order to make changes to custom table entries such as insert, update or delete without using a custom program, we need to create a table maintenance. Table maintenance can be generated via Table Maintenance Generator, accessible via transaction code SE11.
First, go to transaction code SE11 to create a custom table. At the Delivery and Maintenance tab, Data Browser/Table View Editing, choose Display/Maintenance Allowed as shown below.
After maintaining the fields required according to requirements at Fields tab and activated this custom table, go to Utilities -> Table Maintenance Generator as shown below.
Maintain details below to create the table maintenance.
- Authorization Group: Set to &NC& if authorization is not required. Certain companies have their own authorization group setup. Thus, please refer to each companies’ development standard.
- Function group: This is required for each table maintenance and ensure it is activated.
- Maintenance type:
- One step (for one screen to input all data)
- Two step (for an additional screen to input one data at a time)
- Maint. Screen No.: Generally, I’d start with 9000.
- Recording routine:
- Standard recording routine (any entries changes will trigger to save to a transport request)
- No, or user, recording routine (any entries changes will not trigger to save to a transport request. Thus, manual input is required for all systems for example DEV, QAS and PRD)
- Click create button to create the table maintenance.
Once this is created, you can go to transaction code SM30 to maintain the entries.